Although we use cloth diapers now 100% since we made the switch, I figured that doing a more natural brand of disposable would be nice for the mamas not ready to cloth diaper full time. Directly from their website:
- Plant-based (PLA) inner & outer layers — gentle on your baby’s bottom
- Sustainably harvested pulp – NO chlorine processing or harsh chemical bleaches
- Natural citrus & chlorophyll odor-inhibitors
- Bio-based wheat/corn blend in super-absorbent core — less sodium polyacrylate
- Yes, diapers can be fun too! Cute, stylish designs for girls & boys — updated seasonally! Never miss out.
- Comfy-stretch side panels & soft, refastenable tabs for perfect fit & wigglability!
- Securely fitting moisture barrier cuffs prevent leakage & blowouts — fewer accidents, less laundry!
- Simply pure — NO risky fragrances, lotions, or latex
- Gentle, safe, and non-irritating for the most sensitive skin
Honest Co. diapers pledge that they are free of chlorine processing, latex, lotions, fragrances, common allergens, phthalates, optical brighteners, PVC, heavy metals, organotins (MBT, DBT, TBT) & harsh petrochemical additives. If you have read my guest blog post on CloudMom or why we switched to cloth diapers then you already know what harmful things we put on our precious babies. (Click the links to be directed to those posts!) Having the knowledge of what is in your typical disposable diaper, you can feel better knowing that the Honest Co. keeps the diapers free of as many chemicals as they can.
There were things that I like, and things that I did not like…. They hold a lot of pee. And for us, that’s a very good thing as Baileigh is a super heavy wetter. In my opinion though, they do have a very distinct disposable diaper smell. Maybe I just never noticed them in the disposables we used to buy… but I could really smell them. They come in a variety of prints. If you don’t like the plain Jane white diapers or you don’t like Sesame Street characters on your diapers, then these will be perfect for you! They do run a little bit more expensive than the brands in your usual Target store. The Honest Co. is also a monthly subscription box. Each month, you can personalize your order with exactly what you need. If you need a little bit more, you can add more. If you need less, you can get less! If you want to “try” the different products, they do have a free trial with a sample of their essentials and of their diapers and wipes. For more information, click the affiliate banner at the bottom of the page to be taken to their website!
I wonder when Bai will be too old to show her diapers off… She always thinks its hilarious!!
If you are interested in purchasing diapers from the Honest Company, click the banner below! 🙂 They have many more products free of other harsh chemicals for the whole family! There are vitamins, cleaning products, baby gear, and bath & body things for mama, baby and the entire family!